When it comes time to write up your research paper, your thesis, or other academic/research article, you'll naturally want to know how to properly cite our data.
Here are some pointers to make sure you do this properly:
- Always include the Solcast homepage - https://solcast.com in your citation. This should appear in your bibliography as a URL that is 'clickable' from within the document
- Always make sure that the online preview or summary information on your publisher's webpage includes a link to https://solcast.com if possible
- Depending on what service you used, call the data "Solar Irradiance Data" or "Solar Forecasting Data" as the 'title' for the dataset in the bibliography, with "Solcast" as the author
- Be sure to mention the Solcast API in your abstract as a data source
- If you give a presentation on your work, we'd be happy to provide you with a high resolution version of our logo - just ask!
- If you need a DOI, you can find a relevant one here
Here is a great example from a researcher who use the Solcast API in their work: