Are you conducting research or coursework at a public research institution (e.g. a University)? We've got you covered!
At Solcast, our purposes is to enable hard working people all around the world with the data and tools they need to accomplish their solar mission. In our view, this type of enablement is critical for building the solar powered future, now arriving more quickly than ever before!
You can access Recent and Historical solar irradiance data for non-commercial research use for up to 5 existing Solcast sites. We have almost one million existing sites globally, so there's a good chance you'll be within 2-5 km of an existing site, which is usually close enough.
• You put a link to the Solcast website (http://solcast.com.au) on all your research and project web pages for the duration of your use of our data, which attributes Solcast as a data source on the project. The attribution should mention "solar irradiance data" and "Solcast".
• You attribute Solcast in any publications or articles or releases regarding your project, and include a link to our website (http://solcast.com.au)
• You share us preprints of your publications at least one week prior to publication (we want to see what awesome work you did!)
• You only use our data for non-commercial research use, and you don’t share our data with any third parties without our explicit written permission
• You don’t do or publish anything that could be reasonably expected to cause damage or harm to Solcast's reputation
If you need data for new sites, or for many sites, talk to us about options. Don't worry, even if it's significant work for us, we'll only make a cost proposal to you based on cost recovery for our time at cost.
That's it! If you have any further questions, hit us up on the chat bubble ->
And while you're at it, head over to the registration page so you can get started! Create your account now, and then once we receive your request via email, we can set you up with access to the data you need.